We are excited to announce Giraffe version 2.8!
Tonnes of new Giraffe features have been released this month. Here is a quick snapshot of what we've been working on & is now available on the platform for you to use.
Use Places to captivate your audience and communicate clearly with varied multimedia for optimal civic engagement. Here are some recent enhancements:
👉 Embed video in Marker Pop-ups! When adding a pop-up to a marker, you can now embed even more rich content with the YouTube plugin. Add drone footage, realistic renderings, and viewpoints - and place them on a specific point.
👉 Embed GLTF & Obj files! You can now add realistic renderings and have their shadow cast right into your Places environment. Mix massings & detailed designs for a complete timeline view.
Don't have the Places app in your workspace? Let us know that you'd like to take a test drive!
🔥 Places Documentation
Property Settings UI
Easily update project properties with a new tabular interface.
Click Menu → Projects → “Project Settings” to access the Project Settings flyout.
Properties now display in tabular categories:
🔥 Project Settings Documentation
Keep all of your project data in one place. Use Giraffe as your single source of truth.
You can now attach any file type to a project using the Attachments workspace property. Access your attachments from the new and improved property settings menu!
👉 Workspace properties are included in our Portfolio plan. Talk to your account representative if you do not have access to these features.
🔥 Workspace Properties Documentation
Log In and Sign Up Experience
The log-in and app sign-up experience has a tasty new look!
- Login with Google - available to anyone with a Gmail or Google-hosted email
- Login with Microsoft - personal Microsoft accounts and Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) accounts
- Login with company SSO - available for enterprise customers with their own SAML or OpenID Connect (OIDC) providers
- Login with Email/Password - works for any email, requires an email to be verified
🔥 How to Create an Account
Over 100 New Data Layers
Giraffe’s public layer repository just got more robust! The new layers include hazards, transportation, aerial imagery, parcels, zoning, and more!
The additional or new coverage captures the following cities and regions:
- Boise, ID
- Chicago, IL
- Denver, CO
- Edenborough, SC
- London, UK
- Los Angeles, CA
- Nashville, TN
- Murfreesboro, TN
- Orlando, FL
- Philadelphia PA
- Phoenix, AZ
- Portland, OR
- San Francisco, CA
- Vienna, AT
- Manatee County, FL
- Pinellas County, FL
- Sumter County, FL
- Canyon County, ID
- King County, WA
- climate, weather, hazards, ecosystems
- bushfire, indigenous territory names
- United Kingdom
- Environmental, hazards, world heritage
- United States
- Wildfire, transport, urban areas, hazards
- Plus INSPIRE cadastral layers for Brussels, Estonia, Greece, Lithuania
🔥 Layers Documentation
Customize and extend the Giraffe platform. Experts made accessible.
Demographics Insights by Local Logic
Want to understand the demographics of a site? Giraffe's Demographics Insights app is powered by the demographics dataset from Local Logic. Allowing you to understand your potential customer and their neighbors with the click of a button.
🔥 Demographics by Local Logic Documentation
“The twin crises of climate breakdown and biodiversity loss are the most serious issue of our time.” - Architects Declare
With Giraffe, you can now see your embodied carbon - while you design.
Assign conceptual or detailed metrics to your model elements, and compare their carbon numbers against industry benchmarks.
Visualize performance in dynamic charts.
🔥 Lifecycle Carbon Documentation
- Changing the Grid spacing in Project Settings no longer crashes Giraffe.
- Enterprise SSO log-in is now stabilized.
- Export PDF report now shows the selected images consistently. (See Export Visuals)
- Buildings with 0 levels are now selectable. (See How to Draw Buildings in Giraffe)
- Users can now share portfolio and kanban board views. (See How to Share Data)
- Users’ favorite kanban board views are now their default view. (See Manage Projects)
- In-App chat no longer shows on public share links.
- The color of roads is now editable with the color property. (See Feature Properties)
- Quantity and rate now export correctly from Analytics. (See Analytics)
- Can now create measures using a combination of measures and properties. (See Analytics)
- You can now share layers to other workspaces to increase collaboration across distributed teams. (See Layers and How to Share Data)