provided to us, or otherwise collected by us, offline or online, including through our website (Site). In
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
● your name;
● your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or
● the business details of your organisation;
● your credit card or payment details (through our third party payment processor such as Stripe);
● your preferences and/or opinions;
● information you provide to us through customer surveys;
● your sensitive information as set out below;
● details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired
about, and our response to you;
● your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics
on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing
● information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet
cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type
of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service
● additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through
your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or
accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
● any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
● to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social
● to contact and communicate with you;
● for internal record keeping, administrative purposes, invoicing and billing purposes;
● for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and
improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
● to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
● for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our
products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of
interest to you;
● to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
● to consider your employment application.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
● developers and sellers of applications to contact you or resolve a dispute, with your
● third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services,
including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server
providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or
advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
● our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
● our existing or potential agents or business partners;
● sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
● anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith)
● credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you
fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
● courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by
law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to
establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
● third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information,
products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that
store data, outside of Australia; and
● third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant
businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
By providing us with personal information, you acknowledge that some third parties may not be
regulated by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act and if any third
party engages in any act or practice that contravenes the Australian Privacy Principles, it would not
be accountable under the Privacy Act and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection
under the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information means information relating to your
racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or
memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health
information or biometric information.
Provided you consent, your sensitive information may only be used and disclosed for purposes relating to the primary purpose for which the sensitive information was collected. Sensitive information may also be used or disclosed if required or authorised by law. Your rights and controlling your personal information
Information from third parties: If we receive personal information about you from a third party, we
about somebody else, you represent and warrant that you have such person’s consent to provide the
personal information to us.
Anonymity: Where practicable we will give you the option of not identifying yourself or using a
pseudonym in your dealings with us.
Restrict: If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including
marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out
facilities provided in the communication.
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transmitted to or by us over the
Internet. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk. Although we
take measures to safeguard against unauthorised disclosures of information, we cannot assure you
that the personal information we collect will not be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with
browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your email address or other
personally identifiable information. However, they do allow third parties, such as Google and
Facebook, to cause our advertisements to appear on your social media and online media feeds as
part of our retargeting campaigns. If and when you choose to provide our Site with personal
information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are
small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about
the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who
visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when
you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
or any other URL Google may use from time to time.
Our Site may contain links to other websites. We do not have any control over those websites and we
are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any personal information which you provide
Policy on our Site. We recommend you check our Site regularly to ensure you are aware of our
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Giraffe Technology Pty Ltd ACN 627 711 979